Group Engineering Manager
Filtermist are currently recruiting for a Group Engineering Manager to join our ever expanding team.
The appointed candidate will organise and effectively manage the available capacity within the Group Engineering team, drive performance through governance of a Group Project list to be defined and prioritised by the senior management team, encourage further development of the team via internal and external training opportunities & building relationships, and much more.
A full job description can be downloaded here:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. If you have any questions about this role, please call Lee Waterhouse via Filtermist’s main telephone number: 01952 290500.
Closing date: 31st January 2019
Filtermist International Ltd, part of the Swedish Absolent Group, has been established for 50 years and is the UK market leader for oil mist extraction. Our UK made oil mist filters are trusted by world leading manufacturers in more than 60 countries in industries ranging from aerospace and automotive, to food processing and medical device manufacture.
Our company has diversified in recent years by extending the products and services we offer through both organic growth and targeted acquisitions. Filtermist International is responsible for the following brands: Filtermist oil mist filters, Bristol T&G International GmbH electrostatic filters, Dustcheck dust control filters and Multi-Fan Systems – customised air movement and pollution control systems. It is also the UK distributor for sister company Absolent AB and provides a UK wide installation and maintenance service, as well as CoSHH compliant LEV Testing for all makes and models of LEV systems.
We target excellence throughout all aspects of our businesses. We pride ourselves on operating an ambitious, fast growing and fast-paced company that offers a wide range of opportunities for employees due to ongoing significant growth.
Estimating & Proposals Engineer
Reporting to: Sales Support Manager
Job Purpose (brief description of role):
To provide prompt value added estimating support to external customers and the Dustcheck and Filtermist Group sales and engineering teams ensuring quality and efficiency is always delivered in line with the company goals and targets.
Tasks/Responsibilities include as follows:
- Liaise and provide support to External Sales Engineers, Contract engineers and other teams where required
- Liaison with external sub suppliers and ‘bought-out’ equipment supplier
- Preparation of accurate cost estimates and written quotations for new equipment and systems from both prepared price lists, standard templates and from first principles where required
- Submittal of quotation to client with copy to relevant area sales engineer in a timely manner
- Continuously improve communication in all forms to contribute towards the cost efficiency of the business
- Continuously improve current methods of practice and process adding to the overall business efficiency
- Research of new suppliers and equipment where required
- Logging of all estimating and proposals information on approved company platforms (CRM and others)
- Preparation of price lists and templates
Typical Skills/Experience as follows:
- Well-developed customer service skills, including direct customer engagement in a commercial business-to-business environment dealing with both resale and OEM clients as well as direct end-users
- A solid understanding of engineering principles
- A formal engineering qualification in a relevant subject
- A high level of competence in the use of Microsoft Office and other IT support software
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and high level of self-motivation
- Understanding of and ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Strong working background in an engineering estimating role
- Excellent communication skills / Ability to communicate with clarity and confidence – internally and externally, both written and orally
Send your CV and a covering letter to us – either by post or via email to:
Simon Evans – Sales Support Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you.
At Dustcheck we have a passion about the products and services we provide.
- Service Engineers
- Skilled Production, Workshop and Stores
- Contract Engineers and Technicians
- Draughtsman, Estimators and Technicians
- Sales, Aftermarket Services and Marketing
- Administrative Support
At Dustcheck we invest in building the professional skills and abilities of everyone in the Team.
- We are focused on our customers
- We apply the highest standards to every aspect of our work
- We are always striving to become better
If you are excited by the opportunity to build your career with Dustcheck we look forward to hearing from you.
Register your CV and a covering letter with us – either by post or via email to:
email@example.com and we will be in touch with you.
We look forward to hearing from you.